Saturday 26 May 2012

Finally Some Wine - 2003 Domaine Cros!

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"... I have felt like Jack Torrance all week - if there had been an axe somewhere close I probably would have screamed "Heeere´s Johnny" and ignored the consequences...
But, the weekend is here and I needed something big and brawny. The 2001 Domaine Cros was really impressive and I remembered that I had some 2003 left. Pull the cork!

2003 Les Aspres Syrah, Domaine Cros
Aaaaaaaah, this is just what I needed. A big, tight, dark, sweet nose with notes of black cherries, blackberries, sweet licorice, raw meat, tar and some moist undergrowth. Very deep and powerful, and just right! Very, very fine.
The taste just flows over my palate with impressive sweet fruit, force and length. Notes of sweet blueberries, black cherries, violets, licorice and dark chocolate. A long, lingering finish with a great warmth. Not as complex as the 2001 but utterly yummy! Still could use some time in the cellar.
92p (tasted 2012/05)

No comments:

Post a Comment