Sunday 13 December 2015

A Bottle Of Bubbly - 2007 Prestige de la Cave Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs, Michel Genet

You got to open something nice when you turn 51, right? I loved this one when I tasted it
eight months ago, and bought a couple of bottles. Time for another test drive.

Then we moved on with two bottles of 1964 Bordeaux - notes in another post.

2007 Prestige de la Cave Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs, Michel Genet
A deep, wonderful, broad nose with notes of lemon cream, Lily of the Valley, sautéed crayfish shells, milk chocolate fudge and lavender. Very fine. I used the term "understated elegance" the last time I tasted it and that is spot on this time around.
The taste is large scaled but with a fine definition and style, with notes of candied orange peel, butter cookies, flint, dried flowers and a touch of coffeee latte. A long, intense finish with a fine acidity. For drinking now and the coming 6+ years. I am glad I have more.
93p   (tasted 2015/12)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment