Tuesday 25 April 2017

2007 Dofana, Carpineta


This Super Tuscan (I like that name much more than the official IGT) with its interesting blend of 50% Sangiovese and 50% Petit Verdot is a really fine wine. Granted, I have now only tasted two vintages, but call me impressed. Gotta get me more!

2007 Dofana, Carpineta
The 2006 was a stunner and the 07 is equally great, even an inch or two better. The nose is a dream with lovely notes of ripe blueberries, sandelwood, fresh herbs, a touch of cooca and a gorgeously perfumed, flowery aroma. Really deep and refined. Still young. This is truly fine.
The taste is more restrained than the nose with notes of damsons, blueberries, coffee grounds, asphalt and rosemary. A long, structured, firm finish with lots of finely polished tannins. Will surely evolve great over the next 8+ years. This is right up my alley, young as it is.
95p   (tasted 2017/04)


No comments:

Post a Comment