Thursday 26 February 2015

A Perfect Example Of A Mature Classic Bordeaux

This is why one would and should cellar Bordeaux. Château Beaumont has over the years been a reliable Cru Bourgeois. I have found memories of their 1982 (last tasted in 2009 and it performed on the same level as this 89), their 1985 and 1986.
The last time I tasted the 89 was in 1996 and then I noted that it had a good potential. 19 years later it has really fulfilled that potential and is a great testimony of the Bordeaux´s I fell in love with some 25 years ago. Info here.

1989 Château Beaumont
The nose is just beautiful with notes of ripe black currant, autumn leaves, sweet tobacco, worn leather, lead pencil shavings and a touch of dog fur thrown in for complexity. A soft but persistent feeling. A fine depth. A charming example of a mature Bordeaux.
The taste is soft but with lots of flavour, focus and complexity, with notes of fresh stables, ripe black currants, sugared coffee, autumn leaves and leather. The finish is medium long and ends with a fine dry twist. Very refined. I just want to take another sip. I love this.
91p   (tasted 2015/02)


No comments:

Post a Comment