Saturday 26 January 2019

2007 & 2012 Barolo Monvigliero, Bel Colle

2007 Barolo Monvigliero, Bel Colle
A very fine, open, meaty nose with notes of dried raspberries, rosehips, undergrowth and some animal aromas in the background. After some time there is lots of hard cherry candy flowing up from the glass. Very, very good.
The taste is tight and concentrated with notes of asphalt, hard cherry candy, dried rose petals and some mushroomy notes. A long, distinct finish with warm tannins. Ends on a dry, fine note. Should be drunk sooner than later.
89p   (tasted 2019/01)


2012 Barolo Monvigliero, Bel Colle
I drank this 1,5 years ago, bought some bottles and said to myself - keep your fingers from them for 5+ years. I couldn´t...
It still shows that high, energetic fruit with notes of sweet red currants, tobacco, earth and violets. A very fine sweetness to the fruit. Lovely.
The taste is focused and forward with notes of violet pastilles, red currants, gravel and dry licorice. A long, fresh, seedy finish. Very promising. I hope I can keep my hands from the remaining bottles for a couple of years...
92p   (tasted 2019/01)


No comments:

Post a Comment