Sunday 30 December 2018

Piedmont 2015 - Part III

Up to now I have tasted ca 20 2015 Baroli from cask and bottle, not nearly enough to make a judgement, but.....if I would so anyway, I would say that in comparison with the 2013 vintage (which I love) the 15´s are denser and warmer with more structure. But they still have a fine balance.
They will surely last longer then the 13´s but they don´t have the charm of that vintage. I will buy but maybe not as much as I have of the 13´s.
2015 Baroli tasted - so far... - from Aldo Conterno, Vietti, Luigi Pira, Renato Corino, Brovia, Guido Porro and Marengo.

Some more 2015 Langhe Nebbiolo´s:
2015 Langhe Nebbiolo, Andrea Oberto
An open, fine nose with notes of dried strawberries, forest floor, damsons, rose petals and warm tiles. A very fine warmth. Very, very good.
The taste is young and upfront with notes of ripe lingonberries, asphalt, dried flowers and rosehips. Refreshing acidity and silky tannins. Long and fine.
90p   (tasted 2018/12)


2015 Langhe Nebbiolo La Chiusa, Chionetti
A fresh, high, leaning on tart, nose with notes of lingonberries, incense, dried mushrooms and dry licorice. A fine intensity and lots of character.
The taste is tight and seedy with notes of raspberry licorice, earth, violets, rosehips and bakelite. Very nicely structured. This I like. Very, very good.
91p   (tasted 2018/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment