Wednesday 1 October 2014

2012 Bourgueil Les Calichets, Catherine & Pierre Breton

Opened this Cabernet Franc that I heard and read good things about. I was not impressed.

2012 Bourgueil Les Galichets, Catherine & Pierre Breton
Opened and drunk over some hours. The nose is young, upfront and lively with notes of red currants, black currants leaves, flint and a fresh herbal note. Nice, but rather anonymous and with no depth to talk about.
The taste is nice enough with notes of a mix of mashed lingonberries and blueberries, herbs and a touch of smoke. A good acidity. Cleanly made but, again, anonymous, and, to be honest, a tad boring. Will have to check out their Les Perrieres to see if that will put a smile on my face. This doesn´t.
82p   (tasted 2014/09)

2 comments:

  1. Too bad you didn't like it. I thought it quite alright, good QPR. Sure, light and without much depth and complexity, but huge drinkability and lots of enjoyment. Rated it 89 I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liked it - well yes, in a way. Agree on the drinkability, but then water would get 100p all the time...:-) I thought it was bland in character, although easy to drink. I didn't pour it out, but inside me...so I liked it somewhat.

      Delete