Thursday 30 April 2015

Exploring The Forgotten Side Of Bordeaux - Prologue

Some of the bottles to be consumed soon...

My fellow wine aficionados, with your hand on your heart, when was the last time you drank a fine white Bordeaux? Last week, last month or was it several years ago?

As I discretely implied in the competition about this project, white Bordeaux isn´t the trendiest wine out there. Rarely any articles in the wine magazines are to be found and even more seldom, any tasting notes on blogs or wine forums.

I haven´t been improving things over the years. Since I started taking down notes, in 1992, I have compiled a staggering 52 notes of white Bordeaux. 52. In 23 years.

Things are, however, about to chance. I have up to now bought 34 bottles, dating back to 1939, and more are on their way!

Let the exploration of Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscadelle and Sauvigon Gris begin!
Where is the corkscrew?

More precious white Bordeaux

2 comments: