Thursday 9 June 2016

Sweden Rock Festival - Day Two

Second day at Sweden Rock Festival and it is wine day! Yesterday we saw Diamond Head and their signature song Am I Evil (this clip is from Sweden Rock in 2005 and I can be spotted in the public....).
We also got to see Blind Guardian, one of my all time favourites.
Tonight I am looking forward too SlayerKing Diamond & Soilwork

2014 Joven Roble, Pago de Los Capellanes
The 14 vintage of Joven Roble has a deep, forward, black nose with notes of dark plums, asphalt, moist earth and tobacco. A fine warmth. A fine depth. Very good.
The taste is young and tight with lots of ripe blueberries and notes of warm tiles, tobacco and bakelite. Some sturdy tannins in the long finish. Needs time. I remember the 2013 as somewhat more harmonious at about the same stage in its evolution. Very good.
89p   (tasted 2016/06)



No comments:

Post a Comment