Saturday 13 September 2014

A Bottle Of Bubbly On Election Day - 2004 Premier Cru Blanc de Noirs, AR Lenoble


I have just performed my civil duty and on returning home I open a bottle of bubbly - what better way to cushion the blow of the likely result of todays general election in Sweden, in which we probably get a change in the administration for the worse... - Slayer have wrote a appropriate song about this time in place -  Hell Awaits...

2004 Premier Cru Blanc de Noirs, AR Lenoble
I really got a crush on the wines from this producer when I attended a tasting earlier this year. Since then I have bought some bottles, and this was one of them.
The nose is elegant yet upfront and lively with notes of red, ripe apples, dark fudge, sweet flowers and some smoky notes. Very, very good. Has a fine depth. Still on the young side of things.
The taste is creamy and focused with notes of earth, sweet flowers, mocca and a chilled Tarte Tatin. The finish is long and refined with a fine acidity. This is really, really good and will surely become even better in 3-5 years, I am glad to have some more bottles.
92p   (tasted 2014/09)

No comments:

Post a Comment