Wednesday 2 April 2014

Craving A Bottle Of Brunello

Since my Brunello project, I get from time to time a real craving for the pleasure a fine Brunello gives. This night was no exception and I opened this bottle.

1995 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva, Giacci Piccolomini d'Aragona
This 19 years old Brunello opens with a mature, seductive, deep nose with notes of ripe black cherries, pipe tobacco, rosemary, autumn leaves, a Tuscan gravel road and a hint of balsamic vinegar. A very fine sweetness to the fruit. This has matured in a great fashion. Very, very good.
The taste is warm, mature and round with notes of red and black cherries, warm tiles, dried flowers, violets, rosehips, tobacco and some veal stock. A long, generous finish with a fine backbone. I would say that this should keep on this level for 8+ years but I don´t think it will get better than this. Lovely.
92p   (tasted 2014/03)



No comments:

Post a Comment