Wednesday 16 July 2014

Vacation Wine Diary - Day 7 - 1993 Chianti Classico Vigneto La Casuccia, Castello di Ama

Dear Diary

My backside hurts! Today we been cykling for 40+ kilometers and my backside isn't use to that. To comfort myself I open a mature Chianti to go with some Italian delicatessen.

1993 Chianti Classico Vigneto La Casuccia, Castello di Ama
This mature specimen has a big, dark, tight nose with notes of black cherries, sweet pipe tobacco, tarred fishing boats and some dark, rotten flowers a la Baudelaire... I like this nose!
The taste on the other hand has a problem. It has the same dark cherries and tobacco as on the nose, and even some of those dark, evil flowers, but also a big dollop of dry wood tannins. This has seen some serious wood and all has not been absorbed. Too bad, there is good fruit here still.
86p   (tasted 2014/07)



No comments:

Post a Comment