Friday 13 April 2018

Retasting - 2015 Crozes Hermitage Domaine De Thalabert, Jaboulet


Two months ago I was on location in the Rhone Valley, visiting Jaboulet and having a great time. The 15 Domaine de Thalabert impressed me and when it was released on the state monopoly I bought some (ok, a lot!). Time to test drive one bottle within the calm environment one call home.

2015 Crozes Hermitage Domaine de Thalabert, Jaboulet
It has closed down a bit since the last time, or at least that is my impression. The blueberries are almost ripe, and there is a lovely Lily of the Valley scent going on here. Sweet minerals, a hint of iron and violets are also here. Deep and lovely. Needs more time but there is lots of potential here.
The taste is structured, beautifully crafted and seamsless with notes of veal meat, violets, ripe blueberries, black peppers and dried flowers. A fresh, seemingly light finish with intensity and persistence. As with most young wines, at least for my taste, the last sip is the best. Really fine now but will turn out even greater in 10 years. Luckily, I will have bottles to drink then...
93p   (tasted 2018/04)


No comments:

Post a Comment