Thursday 8 March 2018

Fifth Day In The Mountains - 1989 Barolo Vigna Farina, Giacomo Ascheri

More snow, more skiing & more Barolo!

1989 Barolo Vigna Farina, Giacomo Ascheri
A little bit on the murky side when opened but after one hour in a decanter, this 29 year old Barolo shows lovely signs of undergrowth, dried meat, overripe strawberries, dark incense and dry chocolate. A very fine dried up warmth. Really good.
The taste is mature, dry and warm with notes of dried strawberries, ceps, dry asphalt and forest floor. A fine dryness in the long finish. Has matured nicely and is fully mature but will surely keep for another 4-6 years (or at least I hope so since I have two more bottles...)
91p   (tasted 2018/03)


2 comments:

  1. I think you just got lucky with this bottle...so I will suggest to drink up.. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no, I will keep them for another 20 years...đŸ˜ŽđŸ·

      Delete