Sunday 27 January 2019

2014 Rossese Di Dolceacqua Superiore Poggio Pini, Tenuta Anfosso


2014 Rossese di Dolceacqua Superiore Poggio Pini, Tenuta Anfosso
I have visited Tenuta Anfosso twice, see below, and Alessandro and Marisa are the nicest people you could ever meet. I bought this wine at the estate on my last visit and thought it could be time to check out on the progress.
The nose has fatten up from the last time I tasted it and displays notes of ripe raspberries, scorched earth, warm licorice, pomegranate and fried herbs. Very deep and fine.
The taste is bigger and more concentrated than I remember with a mix of rasp- and blueberries alongside notes of violets, leather and scorched earth. Long and lingering with a fine warmth. I bit more locked in than before, needs 5+ years in the cellar.
91p   (tasted 2019/01)

My first visit in July 2013

My second visit in July 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment