Monday 15 April 2019

A Bottle Of Bubbly - NV Brut Sous Bois, Billecart-Salmon


NV Brut Sous Bois, Billecart-Salmon
I am a big fan of the wines from Billecart-Salmon but this cuvée have escaped me until now. It consists of equal parts of Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay. The special thing with this cuvée is that it is entirely vinified in oak - me like!
The nose is young, deep and steely (not oaky!) with notes of Lily of the Valley, candied lemons, sage and cigarette ashes. Very complex and fine.
The taste is tight and earthy with notes of rowan berries, rust, lemon zest and a hint of quinine. A very fine acidity. Dry and fine. The info says 7 gr but I would have thought less. Very, very good. Tasted over three days and it performed best - for my palate - on the second day.
92p   (tasted 2019/04)


No comments:

Post a Comment