Tuesday 17 November 2020

2001 Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese Goldcap, Joh. Jos. Prüm


2001 Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese Goldcap, Joh. Jos. Prüm
Breathtakingly beautiful with lift, hight, depth and focus, the nose is a dream with notes of para nuts, candied lemons, summer grass, orange peel, dried peach, wet asphalt and much, much more. Light and intense. Stunning.
The taste is focused and intense with notes of white peaches, candied lemons, sweet minerals, dried up vanilla ice cream and a touch of matchbox. The lenght is counted in minutes. Cristal clear acidity. Just gorgeous.
I opened this bottle because I noticed that it had some seepage. When the foil was cut I saw that the cork was pushed down 5 mm. The cork came up easy and was soaked through. But the wine was great. Glad I have more, but I will waith 5+ years before the next one.
97p   (tasted 2020/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment