Monday 30 October 2017

A Faithful Old Servant - 2015 Periquita, José Maria Da Fonseca


When did I first drink a bottle of Periquita? 1984? 1986? 1989? I don´t recall but it was a looong time ago. Since then I have drunk many vintages. It has had its ups and downs, mostly ups from my recollection though. I still have some magnums from the 90´s tucked away.
A every day drinker and a real bargain at 7 Euro.
A tasting sample from The Wine Agency.

2015 Periquita, José Maria da Fonseca
A cool, petite, peppery nose with notes of bluberries, gravel and herbs. Light, open and very nice.
The taste is medium bodied and fresh with notes of crowberries, dry tapenade, gravel and some low keyed but still rugged tannins. A very good food wine - was drunk with a roasted chicken, garlic sauce and root vegetables - and it worked great. First wine drunk after almost a week long cold. Tomorrow I head to Langhe with the Barolo Boys!
86p   (tasted 2017/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment