Monday 21 September 2015

2004 Barbaresco Vigna Rongallo, Orlando Abrigo

I had never tasted anything from Orlando Abrigo when this Barbaresco passed my way. I bought a couple and also some of their Barbaresco Montersino.
But I start with the best! The Rongalio is only produced in the best vintages and the grapes come from the oldest vine from the vineyard Rocche Meruzzano. It is aged in large Slavonian oak casks for between 18 and 24 months.

2004 Barbaresco Vigna Rongallo, Orlando Abrigo
It need some time to open in the glass but soon fine aromas of red cherries, violets, forest floor, dried mushrooms and a touch of mint oozes from the glass. Very, very good. A bit laid back with a refined character and a nice structure.
The taste is still young and tight with notes of  cherry pips, liquorice, hard cherry candy, rosehips and the same touch of mint as on the nose. Sandy tannins comes through in the long finish. Very fine. This is goood. Should evolve nicely the upcoming 4-6 years. For the asking price, I gonna get me some more bottles of this!
91p   (tasted 2015/09)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment