Saturday 12 September 2015

A Dear Reunion - 2001 Les Aspres Syrah, Domaine Cros


One of the wines that I have tasted the most times, I have gone through over two cases since I first tasted it in 2004. Now it was three years ago I tasted what I thought was my last bottle, but I managed to get hold on some more.
I felt the urge for a mature Syrah when I was looking for a bottle to go with home grilled burgers. This should fit the bill.

2001 Les Aspres Syrah, Domaine Cros
This hasn´t budged much during these years. The nose is still deep and black with lovely notes of sweet black cherries, moist earth, raspberry liquorice and warm herbs. Some bonfire notes in the background. Very, very deep. Gorgeous fruit. Great wine!
The taste is velvety yet firm with lots and lots of sweet black fruits, nicely integrated tannins and a long, warm, complex finish. It has a great structure and stuffing to keep going for at least 10 more years. Wish I had bought even more...
95p   (tasted 2015/09)

No comments:

Post a Comment