This visit is a great example of why I love to visit, for me, new cantinas everytime I´m in Langhe. Down to earth, kind, generous people that makes very good wines from this hallowed earth.
Raffaella and Alessandro (Raffaella´s nephew) was the perfect hosts, showing me the cellars and pouring their wines. When I looked on the shelfs I noticed a lable that I have seen before - Barolista: 1978 Barolo, Aldo Olivero. That was from Raffaella´s father, and I also have a 1971 in the cellar.
Its a small cantina with 3 ha and they make ca 20.000 bottles per year.
Info here - Olivero Vini – Un nuovo sito targato WordPress
2025 Langhe Favorita
An open, fresh nose with notes of peach, white flowers and salted lemons. Very good.The taste is cool and fine with a nice floral note, lemon fruit and a very good acidity.
87p (tasted 2026/09)
2025 Dolcetto d´Alba
A nice, linear nose with notes of blueberries, bakelite and iron. Very good.
The taste is seedy and fine with a fine blueberry- and damson fruit, soft tannins and a medium long finish.
87p (tasted 2026/09)
2025 Barbera d´Alba
A large scaled, spicy nose with notes of plums, licorice and a hint of menthol. Very, very good.
The taste is high and fine with notes of sweet violets, raspberries and pipe tobacco. A very fine acidity.
89p (tasted 2026/09)
2024 Nebbiolo d´Alba
An open, fruity nose with notes of ripe cherry fruit, bonfire smoke, violets and forest floor.
The taste is tight and nicely focused with notes of cherry pips, dry licorice and silky tannins.
90p (tasted 2026/09)
2022 Barolo del Comune di Serralunga d´Alba
A deep, warm nose with lovely notes of candied cherries, red apples, asphalt and dried flowers. Gorgeous.
The taste is firm and complex with lovely cherry fruit, taut tannins and a long, lingering finish. 8+ years.
93p (tasted 2026/09)
No comments:
Post a Comment